Eating Disorder Recovery Support for Individuals and Families
Developing a strong support system is an integral part of the recovery process.
Whether you are an individual in recovery, or a loved one supporting someone else in recovery, support is essential to your well being. It can be very helpful to hear from other people who understand what it is like to be impacted by an eating disorder. Participating in support groups and utilizing recovery-focused resources is an empowering experience that provides many benefits for those involved. Some of these benefits include:
- Education and helpful insight into the illness and the recovery process
- Comfort in knowing that you are not alone
- Stories of hope and reminders that recovery is possible
- Relief from isolation often associated with eating disorders
- A safe place to share your own struggles and successes in recovery.
- Ongoing motivation and encouragement
Support Groups and Recovery Resources at The Center for Eating Disorders
You may also want to visit:
Resources - Recommendations on recovery-focused books, websites, and organizations.
Events - Check for upcoming guest speakers and community events.