The Love Your Tree Campaign...
Love Your Tree (LYT) is a creative arts campaign designed to help students develop positive body image, improved self-esteem and enhanced media literacy skills, all of which can serve as protective factors against the development of eating disorders. We invite YOU to join a creative network of schools and organizations involved in the Love Your Tree Campaign.
Over 200 posters were submitted to the 2016 LYT Campaign, and the exhibit is currently being installed! All participants, school officials and community members are invited to attend...
The 11th Annual Love Your Tree Exhibit & Reception
Tuesday, Feb. 28th, 2017 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Please RSVP here.
Call for Posters…
Middle school, high school and college students from across Maryland are invited to create and submit original posters that illustrate their positive response to the phrase, "Like a tree, my body is..." This campaign provides students with an opportunity to use art as an avenue for learning about and expressing messages of body appreciation.
Our youth are bombarded by hundreds of degrading media messages on a daily basis via commercials, internet, billboards and magazines. Through the creation of their own positive image, students empower themselves and others to embrace body diversity and move towards self-acceptance. All poster entries will be displayed as part of a community exhibit in Baltimore, MD and online during National Eating Disorder Awareness Week in February. Participating artists and their families are invited to attend the community Exhibit and Recognition Ceremony during which all students will be honored and awards will be presented. One poster entry will be selected for reproduction and will be unveiled at the ceremony.
How to Get Involved…
*The call-for-posters has closed. Check back in July 2017 for updated links!*
Step 1: Download the CALL FOR POSTERS
Step 2: Download the appropriate Registration Form below:
- MIDDLE / HIGH SCHOOL Student Poster Entry Form (PDF)
- COLLEGE Student Poster Entry Form (PDF)
Step 3: If desired, schedule a LYT Workshop for your school/class, club or organization by calling (410) 427-3886. (See workshop details below)
Step 4: Submit your poster(s) and completed registration forms to the campaign
Entries may be mailed or hand-delivered to the following drop-off location:
The Center for Eating Disorders
Attn: Love Your Tree Campaign
Physicians Pavilion North
6535 N. Charles St., Ste. 300
Towson, MD 21204
A few more helpful reminders:
* Every submitted poster entry must include a completed registration form.
* Poster entries must be no smaller than 9" X 12" and no larger than 12" X 18".
* Only two dimensional media will be accepted.
* If you require assistance getting your poster delivered or dropped-off, please contact us.
IMAGE AT RIGHT: “Like a tree, my body is UNIQUE and my heart breaks free of the images in the media"
Artist: Leeza Faraone, Notre Dame Prep, 2009
- About the LYT Campaign (History & Overview)
- The Top 5 Reasons to Participate in Love Your Tree (.pdf)
- Love Your Tree Teacher & Student Participant Testimonies
- The Love Your Tree Community Art Exhibit – visit this page to view online poster galleries and photos from past years.
- LYT 2015 student artist featured on at Proud2BMe's teen activism site.
Would you like us to send LYT campaign materials to you school, home or office? Call our Outreach Coordinator at (410) 427-3886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 LYT Poster Above by Veronica Vargas, Kingsview Middle School