The aim of this blog is to provide resources and support for people concerned with eating disorders and treatment for themselves or others. Our editorial team, consisting of Drs. Brandt and Crawford, Kate Clemmer, LCSW-C and our communications team, will be posting about a range of subjects. We welcome your feedback, experiences and tips to help others. We encourage you to leave comments.
We’ve compiled a few House Rules to make sure the blog continues to be useful to our readers and remains a safe and recovery-focused environment for all.
That said, we reserve the right to remove your comment if it breaks the House Rules.
1. Please be sensitive – we won’t publish anything that:
- Promotes or encourages eating disorder symptoms/behaviors
- Is considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others
- Is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contains swear words or other language likely to offend
- Breaks the law, condones or encourage unlawful activity or which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Impersonates someone else
2. Do not post any personal information of another person.
3. Please make comments relevant to the subject of the article. We may not publish comments that we consider to be spam or which are unrelated to the article content against which they are posted.
4. Please keep the number of comments you make on a topic reasonable. Too many posts from an individual or small group can discourage other readers from joining the conversation.
5. In exceptional cases we may get a high volume of similar comments on a post. In these cases we may close comments for that post, adding a note letting you know that further comments have been received but not published.
6. Do not use the blog for any commercial purpose, including by posting or linking to any advertising or promotional materials.
7. Do not post or link to any materials that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any party, such as copying an article or uploading a song.
8. All opinions and statements posted by you to the blog must represent your honest views and beliefs.
Trackbacks and links
Trackbacks and links will be published unless the page they link to breaches the house rules above or where the website they link to contains, or directly links to, material which is:
- Pornography and sexually explicit content
- Text and images likely to offend most people
- Hate sites (on grounds of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation)
- Gratuitous violence
- Pro-Ana or Pro-Mia sites that promote eating disorder behaviors
- Photos or images that glorify weight loss or eating disorder symptoms
- Sharing of specific tips or details regarding eating disorder behaviors, weights or other unhelpful information about the disorder.
- Condones or encourages unlawful acts
- Breaches copyright law or encourage others to do so (e.g. peer-to-peer music sites, illegal downloads of software and games, etc.)
- Defamation and contempt of court
- Hacking or other technical disruption to online services
- Describes how to conduct an unlawful act (e.g. bomb-making, fraud etc)
- The fact that a link appears on this blog does not mean that we in any way endorses the content of that website and is not responsible for its content or actions.
If you need help
If you have a question for the editorial team, please post a comment including your email address and we’ll get back to you.
We may update these house rules from time to time, so please revisit this page to ensure your comments will be published.