A Back-to-School Blog Series for College Students…
Balancing campus life while battling an eating disorder is no easy task. To offer support to those undergraduate and graduate students who are struggling with body image and eating concerns, the Center for Eating Disorders is hosting an 8-part Back to School series, offering suggestions and tips for some common student concerns. Check in each week during the fall for recovery-focused posts that will help you start your school year off in the best way possible. Topics to be covered include:
- Balancing Act: Back-to-School Basics of Self-Care on Campus posted 9/6/11
- Reaching out for Recovery Resources on Campus posted 9/13/11
- Freshman 15: Fact or Fiction? posted 9/21/11
- The College Conundrum: Feeling Lonely & Isolated on a Campus Full of People posted 9/26/11
- Mindful Eating On Campus ~ Part 1 posted 10/11/11
- Mindful Eating on Campus ~ Part 2 posted 10/24/11
- Making a Difference ~ Fat Talk Free Week 2011 posted 10/19/11
- Surviving and Thriving Through Midterms & Finals 11/11/11
Want to follow along? You can join The Center on Facebook or follow @CEDSheppPratt on Twitter for updates and reminders each time a new blog gets added to the series. Or you can return to this post for a link to each of the entries as they are posted.
Questions about eating disorder treatment? Call (410) 938-5252 to speak with an Admissions Coordinator or email EatingDisorderInfo@sheppardpratt.org .